Porter County Social Services Grant Program
This $1 million grant program is to alleviate Porter County resident economic crises caused by COVID-19 pandemic. This program is designed to fill the gap for individuals who cannot be
assisted by other community financial assistance programs.
WHO CAN APPLY: Any 501(c)3 or equivalent organization that is currently servicing Porter County residents with an existing program that fulfills all or a portion of the
following requirements. If the program only meets a portion of the requirements, it must be able to show how the program will be adjusted to meet all requirements.
CATEGORY ASSISTANCE COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM:
- Monthly Rent and Mortgage Payments
- Utilities Payments & Major House Repairs
- Transportation Payment Costs or Repair
- Food Assistance
PROGRAM CRITERIA & GUIDELINES:
- Must be an existing 501(c)3 or equivalent community program.
- Program must assist with at least one assistance category noted above or can provide assistance in more than one category.
- Funding available for both operational support and client needs. If requesting operation support, must be for direct client interactions and clients must meet all requirements noted under
client assistance criteria.
- Case management and tracking:
- Must have casework management and program number tracking capabilities.
- Required to implement Charity Tracker online software platform to track client services and make referrals.
- Must have or incorporate a client financial education component. It can be provided through partnerships with other organizations. Client participation is at the discretion of the
- Program category qualifiers:
- Food assistance encompasses food distribution and/or hot meal preparation & delivery.
- Housing covers monthly rent or mortgage costs.
- Major home repairs allowable are those that provide remediation of negative health and safety issues for the residents, such as water damage repair, HVAC, sump pump and/or
water heater repair, etc.
- Transportation covers personal and public ways to commute between home and work. Expenses covered include bus tokens, vehicle repair and/or monthly payments.
- Utilities cover electric, water, sewage, gas provided by the city or other utility providers.
- Clients can be assisted in more than one category at the discretion of the grantee.
- Payments are not made directly to the client, but on behalf of the client to the landlord, utility company, loan institutions, repair contractors, etc.
Additional client assistance qualifications and program reporting requirements here.
- Abide by all program guidelines, directions and timelines.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 10 at noon
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.