Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
Lead with experience.
If you’re willing to share the skills and experience you have gained through a lifetime of living, come join us. Become a United Way RSVP member today!
United Way Retired & Senior Volunteer Program is changing the image of older adults. RSVP is America’s largest volunteer network for people age 55 and over. Consisting of over
200,000 volunteers throughout the country, RSVP members tackle tough issues in their community. RSVP offers a full range of volunteer opportunities specialized for older and more experienced
adults. When you join RSVP, you will have a chance to learn new skills, utilize skills you already have and become involved in activities that will benefit your local community.
Through RSVP, volunteers match their skills, wisdom and talents with the needs of the community in Lake, LaPorte, Porter and Starke Counties.
Who can join United Way RSVP?
- Seniors 55 and older
- Seniors who have a genuine desire to make a difference in their community
- Seniors who have few (or many) hours to give
Why join United Way RSVP?
- FREE Membership
- FREE volunteer placement
- Flexible hours - volunteer on your own time
- Opportunity to learn or share a talent
- Meet new people
- Training from the organization where you serve
- Supplemental liability insurance
- Limited mileage reimbursement while volunteering*
- Social, Educational & Recognition events throughout the year
*For approved stations & volunteer assignments only.
What can you find United Way RSVP volunteers doing?
- Assisting at Hospitals, Food Banks, Shelters, Hospice, Nutrition Sites, V.A. Clinics, Civic Centers and Day Care Centers
- Working with after school programs for children, teenagers and young adults
- Knitting, crocheting & sewing
- Tax Preparation for low income households and seniors
- Office Administration
- Helping to provide serves for the needy and most vulnerable.
- Answer and directing calls for your station
- And, much more…….
We can match your abilities, skills and interests to one of our various stations!
How to Join:
Print out our volunteer application by clicking here. Fill out
the form and mail to United Way RSVP, 951 Eastport Centre Dr. Valparaiso, IN 46383.
If you have questions or need assistance with the RSVP appliation, contact Evelyn Harris at email@example.com or 219-464-3583, ext. 127.
Interested in becoming an RSVP Station?
RSVP members are stationed at RSVP stations throughout a 4-county area. These stations are places where members volunteer their time and talents. A station can be any nonprofit or
business that uses volunteers to tackle hard issues such as hunger, health care, domestic violence, economic opportunity, education, veterans and military family support services.
United Way RSVP Stations receive the following program benefits:
- FREE Membership
- FREE Volunteer placement
- FREE Volunteer Management Training
- No pressure to keep a volunteer who doesn’t work out.
- Social, educational and recognition events throughout the year for not only the RSVP member but station supervisors.
- Another benefit for current volunteers who are part of your agency
- And, so much more.
Interested in being a United Way RSVP Station? Click here to email or call 219.464.3583.
Current United Way RSVP Stations