Serve as a Goodwill Ambassador to help spread the word about how individual donors, companies and the United Way Partner Network are positively impacting community need in Northwest Indiana.
You'll learn transferrable professional skills and build lasting community relationships.
Professional Development & Community Connection
Dale Carnegie & Associates Training and Certification - Hone the power of persuasion by learning about
effective communication and how incorporating evidence convinces listeners to act.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator testing with Purdue Extension Porter County - This introspective self-report questionnaire will help you understand how you and others perceive situations and
- Countless networking opportunities - Engage with donors, community leaders and partners, including the United Way of Porter County Board.
- On-the-job learning and skills development -
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project and time management skills
- Leadership development competencies
GoodWill Ambassador Criteria
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to dedicate 5 to 6 hours a week for several months in the fall
- Must be able to attend monthly meetings
- Must be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks