Getting things done in Northwest Indiana
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to change your life and the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others by meeting critical needs in the
community while gaining new skills and experiences that last a lifetime.
Each year, the AmeriCorps program offers a variety of experiences and activities in Northwest Indiana. Members receive a modest living stipend during their terms. Full-time members who
serve 1,700 hours can also receive health insurance benefits and potentially childcare benefits, if eligible.
In addition, members who complete their service earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award to pay for college, graduate school or to pay back qualified student loans. Members ages 55+ can donate
their education award to their children, grandchildren and foster children. Loan forbearance is also available to AmeriCorps members during their service terms.
Whether your service makes our community safer, gives a child a second chance, or support area nonprofits, you’ll help get things done through AmeriCorps!
As an AmeriCorps member, you can:
- Tutor and mentor disadvantaged youth
- Manage or operate after-school programs
- Help communities respond to disasters
- Build organizational capacity
- Improve financial literacy
Serving in Lake, LaPorte, Marshall, and Porter counties.
Who can apply?
- 18 years of age at commencement of service.
- US Citizen, US national or lawful permanent resident alien of the US.
- Have a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate (or agrees to obtain a high school diploma or its equivalency).
Apply today! Click the button below to get started.