The United Way Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Lake, LaPorte & Starke Counties is hosting a food drive through November 27. Community members are encouraged to participate by donating canned or non-perishable items to benefit two food pantries, which are both United Way RSVP stations.
Donations can be taken to local food drive drop-off sites and will be collected once the boxes at the drop-off sites are full. All donations will be distributed to two local food pantries - Sacred Heart Food Pantry in LaPorte County and the Starke County Community Services Food Pantry. Both pantries are United Way RSVP stations, where RSVP volunteers assist their community’s food security needs.
The following locations are current food drive drop-off sites:
- Community Services of Starke County, 311 E. Culver Road, Knox, IN 46534
- Catholic Charities, 321 W 11th Street, Michigan City, IN 46360
- Hours for Ours, 100 Manny Court, Michigan City, IN 46360
- Meals on Wheels Michigan City, 301 E. 8th Street Suite 110, Michigan City, IN 46360
- Meals on Wheels LaPorte, 620 Boston Street, La Porte, IN 46350
- Sacred Heart Food Pantry, 1001 W. 8th Street, Michigan City, IN 46360
- Hospice Franciscan Communities, 203 Franciscan Drive, Crown Point, IN 46307
- Secret’s Loving Care Adult Day Services, 1101 Park Drive, Munster, IN 46321
- Aseracare Hospice, 322 W. US Hwy 30 Suite E., Valparaiso, IN 46385
- United Way RSVP office, United Way of Porter County, 951 Eastport Centre Drive, Valparaiso, IN 46383
If you are interested in participating in the food drive or would like more information about United Way RSVP, please contact Michael Glorioso, the United Way RSVP Director for Lake, LaPorte and Starke Counties, at 219-464-3583 or via email at email@example.com. You can also find out more about RSVP at www.nwivolunteer.org or www.facebook.com/unitedwayrsvp.