Come Make a Difference!
This inaugural event promotes volunteerism and community engagement throughout Northwest Indiana by bringing together nonprofit organizations from across the Region and connecting them directly to residents, who are looking to get involved and impact their community. This event allows potential volunteers to meet local nonprofits, see firsthand the great work accomplished by our nonprofits in Northwest Indiana and decide how to get involved to make a difference. You can also enjoy games, freebies and food among other fun surprises and activites throughout the day.
Held on Saturday, June 10th, this free, family friendly, Porter County Volunteer Fair is from 10 am to 2 pm at Neighbors' Educational Opportunities on U.S. 6 in Portage.
If you're interested in volunteering, this is the fair for you! Bring your family and friends to see how you can support the great things happening in our community.
There are always organizations looking for someone just like you to join their team! Here are the programs and organizations that will be there:
- Alzheimer's Association - Greater Indiana Chapter
- American Red Cross - Northwest Indiana Chapter
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County
- Covering Kids and Families of Healthy Communities
- Crisis Center, Inc.
- Family Promise of Porter County
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Housing Opportunities
- Jacob's Ladder Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Meals on Wheels
- Mental Health America of Porter County
- Methodist Hospitals
- Neighbors' Educational Opportunities
- New Creation Business Advocates
- New Hope Church of God
- Not Your Shame
- NWI Literacy Coalition
- Opportunity Enterprises, Inc.
- Porter County 4H
- Porter County Museum
- Shirley Heinze Land Trust
- St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center
- The Dunes Arts Foundation
- United Way Disaster Management
- United Way Regional Volunteer Center
- United Way Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- VNA of NWI
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
If you have questions, email Jennifer Tucker.
Come on out and discover how you can join in all of the amazing work being done in Northwest Indiana!